* Registrations for this event have now closed *
No matter the scale, a mismanaged event can put staff, local government, event patrons and the general public at risk. You are invited to register for this free workshop to assist community & sporting event organisers and local government event officers, plan and deliver successful well managed events in the Gascoyne Region.
Based on the Parks and Leisure WA Event Application Guide this training will focus on:
- The Event Context and Planning Process - stakeholder group; simple definitions; good planning: project management, responsibilities, business planning
- Identifying Knowledge & Skills Required by Event Organisers - motivation and benefits; roles and impacts of events; who is producing events, and why?; understanding the lingo; financial planning - making it add up
- A Changing World: This is Serious Business - legislation: all that paperwork; legal issues and insurance; risk & security management.
- The Marketing Process - build it and they will come - story telling and how to engage and satisfy community needs; Understanding the consumer (what for and why?); Stakeholders - sponsors, community groups, government, media and suppliers of public services; Events as 'Service Experiences'
This workshop includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
** Please ensure you register your attendance for printing and catering purposes **
For further information, please contact email@example.com