No matter the scale, a mismanaged event can put staff, local government, event patrons and the general public at risk. You are invited to register for this free two-day workshop to assist community & sporting event organisers and local government event officers, plan and deliver successful well managed events in the Kimberley Region. Based on the Parks and Leisure WA Event Application Guide this training will focus on:
- The Event Context and Planning Process - stakeholder group; simple definitions; good planning: project management, responsibilities, business planning
- Identifying Knowledge & Skills Required by Event Organisers - motivation and benefits; roles and impacts of events; who is producing events, and why?; understanding the lingo; financial planning - making it add up
- Staging & Event Production - local government support in helping to develop events for community; the perfect stage - facilities available for use; who to talk to and about what?; a safe and well-managed event - duty of care; logistics
- A Changing World: This is Serious Business - legislation: all that paperwork; legal issues and insurance; risk & security management.
- The Marketing Process - build it and they will come - story telling and how to engage and satisfy community needs; Understanding the consumer (what for and why?); Stakeholders- sponsors, community, government, media and suppliers of public services; Events as 'Service Experiences'
- Event Satisfaction (post event evaluation) - will we do this again? Did it work? Did we achieve what we set out to do?
These sessions include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. You can register for a single day or both days.
** Please ensure you register your attendance for printing and catering purposes **
For further information, please contact email@example.com