Activating a Healthy Body and Mind Through Physical Activity
This seminar is a partnership with the Heart Foundation, and is focused on promoting the proven links between physical activity, healthy bodies and healthy minds. It is aimed at professionals working in the fields of recreation, sport and open space planning as well as in physical and mental health. A series of interesting presentations will be followed by a practical demonstration of outdoor fitness equipment, by a qualified exercise physiologist. The seminar will be held:
Date: Tuesday 25th February
Location: The Seminar will be held at the Gardens Recreation Centre, cnr Martins and Kings Roads, Parafield Gardens, followed by a practical demonstration of outdoor fitness equipment at AGH Cox Reserve, Rhode Island Drive, Parafield Gardens.
The seminar will include:
- A presentation on Guidelines developed by the Victorian Government to assist in planning, implementing and activating outdoor fitness equipment.
- Tuesday Udell from the Heart Foundation will present on the Blueprint for Active Australia, Innovation Challenge grants and the flagship Heart Foundation walking program.
- CounterPunch - a case study of a results based innovative program that utilises a mix of sports science, performance psychology and boxing, presented by Merc Taaffe-Cooper.
- Gym for the Homeless - a case study on a free health and wellbeing program created in 2018 for those living rough on the streets - presented by Simon Lucas from Pushing Performance.
- Planning and Infrastructure - a practical example of a project by Salisbury Council, installing fitness equipment at AGH Cox Reserve. A demonstration of how to activate this equipment will be given by Elaine Davies, exercise physiologist.