This information session will provide you with all you need to know about the benefits of winning a Green Flag, and the nomination and judging process.
The Green Flag Award® scheme recognises and rewards well managed parks and green spaces, setting the benchmark standard for the management of recreational outdoor spaces around the world.
The Award is the international mark of a quality park or green space, judged by green space-expert volunteers, across eight criteria. These criteria include horticultural standards, cleanliness, sustainability, community involvement and providing a warm welcome.
Who should attend?
Eligible sites for Green Flag awards include the following, and therefore, those working in these areas should attend:
- Town Parks
- Country Parks
- Formal Gardens
- Nature Reserves
- Cemeteries and Crematoria
- University Campuses
- Water Parks
- Green Spaces that form part of retail and leisure destinations
- Pocket Parks
- Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI)
- Hospital Grounds
- Presentation on what Green Flag is about
- Presentation from a past winner - which in this case is our very own Roma Street Parklands!
- Presentation from a current Green Flag Judge
- Site tour of Roma Street Parkland
- Final session where key dates and nomination details for 2019 awards are provided followed by a Q&A
- Morning tea provided at the completion of the session