PLA NSW/ACT want to hear from you!
Due to recent changes, the PLA NSW/ACT Regional Council currently has a vacancy. The Regional Council meets bi-monthly to discuss and develop the NSW/ACT Region plans. We invite interested parties to submit an expression of interest providing a brief overview of skills relating to the key responsibilities listed below. Please email to email@example.com
1. Elect a National Director to sit as representative for the region on the National Board for a 3 year term.
2. Elect Regional Office Bearers as per constitution
3. To develop and maintain a range of regional services which meet National Board performance levels whilst servicing the regional membership. This is delivered through: Regional Information services; Regional training and professional development opportunities; Networking opportunities; Recognition of Excellence; Regional representation and advocacy; and Membership liaison and retention.
4. To link the membership through a hierarchy of integrated products and services which range from Chapter to Region to National to International level.
5. To administer the Regional Council Finances within the guidelines established through the National Office on Finance.
6. To maintain regular personal contact with the regional membership in order to ensure the range of services provided meet the professional needs of the members.
7. To establish regional representation on committees, boards, advisory panels and the like, in order to raise the status of Parks and Leisure Australia, whilst improving professional opportunities for both members and the overall industry.
8. Ongoing liaison with the Regional Executive Officers/National Office:
• to maintain up-to-date information on National Board initiatives
• to maintain changes in regional membership records.
• inform of intended seminars & events to be held so information can be put onto website
• inform of changes in Regional Council office bearers
• inform/answer new member enquiries