PLA NSW/ACT has been facilitating the Around our PLAce online networks since early in 2020 as part of our response to keeping our profession connected throughout the covid pandemic. We are proud to have organised 12 Around our PLAce events in 2020. The topics covered so far include:
- Community sport and COVID19
- Streets as Public Spaces and the increased demand and implications for public open space during/post COVID-19.
- Programs that deliver continual improvement in sports ground management all year round
- Preparing for a return to activity (post COVID 19)
- Bushfire planning – green spaces and bushfires
- Embedding First Nations culture into open space/ recreation/ sport design and planning
- Older adults and parks – advocating for change
- Improve your fitness, health and wellbeing for free at your local park: ecofit
- Disability inclusion and planning for sport and recreation
- Parkrun keeps running
- Public Spaces as a priority in NSW
We have two events remaining for 2020:
All these events have been free and you can register here
We look forward to seeing you all online.