17 June 2019
PLA NSW/ACT want to hear from you!
Due to recent changes, the PLA NSW/ACT Regional Council currently has a vacancy. The Regional Council meets bi-monthly to discuss and develop the NSW/ACT Regions plans. We invited interested parties to submit an expression of interest providing a brief overview of skills relating to the key responsibilities listed below.
1. Elect a National Director to sit as representative for the region on the National Board for a 3 year term.
2. Elect Regional Office Bearers as per constitution
3. To develop and maintain a range of regional services which meet National Board performance levels whilst servicing the regional membership. This is delivered through: Regional Information services; Regional training and professional development opportunities; Networking opportunities; Recognition of Excellence; Regional representation and advocacy; and Membership liaison and retention.
4. To link the membership through a hierarchy of integrated products and services which range from Chapter to Region to National to International level.
5. To administer the Regional Council Finances within the guidelines established through the National Office on Finance.
6. To maintain regular personal contact with the regional membership in order to ensure the range of services provided meet the professional needs of the members.
7. To establish regional representation on committees, boards, advisory panels and the like, in order to raise the status of Parks and Leisure Australia, whilst improving professional opportunities for both members and the overall industry.
8. Ongoing liaison with the Regional Executive Officers/National Office:
• to maintain up-to-date information on National Board initiatives
• to maintain changes in regional membership records.
• inform of intended seminars & events to be held so information can be put onto website
• inform of changes in Regional Council office bearers
• inform/answer new member enquiries
17 June 2019
Denise Ora has been formally appointed as the new Executive Director of NSW's iconic Botanic Gardens & Centennial Parklands (BGCP).
Denise will be leading a remarkable team responsible for over 1,100 hectares of Sydney's prime public parklands and botanic gardens and is the first woman to be appointed as Executive Director to the Royal Botanic Gardens in its 204 year history.
27 May 2019
The 2019 NSW/ACT Award Winners were announced on Thursday 23 May at the National Arboretum Canberra.
16 April 2019
12 December 2018
12 December 2018
The NSW Government has recently announced the new women in sport strategy ' Her Sport Her Way'.
The women's sport landscape has changed significantly in recent years. Women in Australian sport are shining brighter than ever with unprecedented media coverage and broadcasting deals boosting their profile and giving rise to female sporting heroes. Now is the time to shape the women's sport agenda to realise the health, commercial and societal benefits of increasing female engagement as participants, fans, role models and decision makers.
28 November 2018
Syngenta Turf and Landscape are proud to announce the appointment of Michael Bradbery as Territory Sales Manager for NSW and the ACT. Michael comes to Syngenta with 37 years' experience in the turf industry. Michael has worked predominantly for golf clubs during his career, from modest country clubs to large facilities such as Royal Sydney Golf Club. His most recent role was as Golf Course Superintendent at Manly Golf Club
27 November 2018
The Conference has a strong emphasis on discussions and workshops, sharing ideas and experiences, and networking.
The Conference Organising Committee is seeking proposals for:
• Solo or shared presentations
• Panel presentations
22 November 2018