1. Establishing need and uses as a reason to build rather than building because of political decisions or available funds.
2. Feasibility studies that use whole of life costs of building.
3. Good strategic planning that includes:
4. The need to make senior management aware of issues including:
5. How to remove handshake and historical arrangements that do not allow equity in the community.
6. Better use of shared facilities.
7. User group agreements and formulas.
The Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries is a major supporter of Parks & Leisure Australia in Western Australia. Sport and Recreation builds stronger, healthier, happier and safe communities.