Applications for the 2022 Greg Maddock Grant are now being sought.
Greg Maddock was a long time supporter of PLA and is a former Frank Stewart Distinguished Award winner. The grant was launched in 2011 to recognise the significant personal and professional contribution that Greg made to the industry over many years.
The Greg Maddock Memorial Grant is designed to support a member to improve and expand their knowledge, and deliver best practice services to our communities. The grant is available annually to a value up to $2,500. The grant supports the professional development and growth of a member working in the parks and leisure industry.
Examples of possible uses of the grant include:
- Financing research for a relevant topic;
- Subsidising costs associated with attending a conference;
- Undertaking an observational tour; and/or
- Enrolling in an industry course, or similar.
Who can apply?
- PLA Vic/Tas Region members (individual or corporate)
- Applicants must have worked in the parks and leisure industry for a minimum of three years
How do I apply?
Applications must be submitted via the online platform.
The grant is a value up to $2,500
Grant recipient requirements
- Applications Close 30 July 2021
- Present at a PLA Seminar, or other event, to share learnings
- Submit an article to the Parks and Leisure Journal to share learnings
- Description of your proposal
- Who will you engage with during your project?
- Detail the learning/ educational outcomes
- Describe how the industry will benefit from the project
- The Funding must be used prior to 30 June 2022
- PLA will not be responsible for any other costs not included within the application
- The decision of the Vic/Tas Region Board on awarding the grant will be final, and no appeal of decisions will be considered
Contact Richard Simon, PLA Vic/Tas Region Executive Officer
E: email@example.com M: 0498 029 575