The Green Flag Award® program is a park and green space accredited initiative now being run in approximately 10 different countries worldwide under a licence agreement form the UK government through the Keep Britain Tidy (KBT), a not for profit organisation.
In March 2018, Parks and Leisure Australia entered into a pilot to formally administer the program in Australia with the intention to enter into a formal licence arrangement following the results of the pilot. PLA was granted the formal sub - licence agreement in June of 2019. The Awards scheme is administered by the National office of PLA through the National Products and Services Manager.
Purpose & aims of Green Flag Award® ;
- To ensure that everybody has access to quality green and other open spaces, irrespective of where they live.
- To ensure that these spaces are appropriately managed and meet the needs of the communities that they serve.
- To establish standards of good management.
- To promote and share good practice amongst the green space sector.
- To recognise and reward the hard work of managers, staff and volunteers.
Need to know more?
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions