The Green Flag Award® program is a park and green space accredited initiative now being run in approximately 10 different countries worldwide under a licence agreement from the UK government through the Keep Britain Tidy (KBT), a not for profit organisation. PLA was granted a Green Flag Award® licence in June of 2019.
Purpose and Aims;
- To ensure that everybody has access to quality green and other open spaces, irrespective of where they live.
- To ensure that these spaces are appropriately managed and meet the needs of the communities that they serve.
- To establish standards of good management.
- To promote and share good practice amongst the green space sector.
- To recognise and reward the hard work of managers, staff and volunteers.
Need to know more?
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions