Who We Are
Parks and Leisure Australia is the peak industry association for professionals working in the Parks and Leisure sector in Australia, representing over 2500 members. Through a broad range of services we support members to provide opportunities that strengthen communities through good use of leisure time for the social, environmental, economic and physical wellbeing of all Australians. we are 'THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE PLACES'.
- Training and continuing professional development
- Providing networking opportunities and information sharing for members
- Developing a strong industry profile and promoting the benefits of the sector
- Identifying and promoting products and services that enhance and develop the sector
- Forging strong alliances and partnerships with organisations with similar agendas and aims
- Policy development and best practice research
- Advocating on behalf of the sector
Underpinning everything we do is the understanding that leisure is a basic human right and one that impacts the quality of life for all Australians.
Parks and Leisure Australia (PLA) is the peak industry association for professionals working in the sector across Australia. The organisation has a history stemming back to 1925 when it was known as the Victorian Tree Planters Association and later in 1962 when it became a national body, as the Royal Australian Institute of Parks and Recreation. 1998 saw a merger with the Australian Leisure Institute and the birth of PLA. Since this time a number of plans have been developed and with a new organisational structure implemented in 2012, a new strategy was needed to move the organisation forward into the next stages of its growth.
2015/16 Annual Report
To download the 2015/16 Annual Report CLICK HERE
Parks and Leisure Australia 50 Point Plan
Parks and Leisure Australia is pleased to release its 50 Point Plan which aims to transform PLA into a viable, vibrant and sustainable organisation serving the parks and leisure sector and remaining relevant in the 21st century.
The current constitution may be found by clicking this link.
Parks and Leisure Australia and the CEO operate under a secretariat contract currently awarded to One Eighty Sport and Leisure Solutions.